CAS Number: 9000-11-7 / 9004-32-4

E-Number: E466

EC Number: ---

Mol. Formula: CH2CO2H



Pack Sizes

25kg

5 and 25 Kilo Poly Drum Option for Carboxymethyl Cellulose


























Overview: What is Carboxymethyl Cellulose?


Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC) is an off-white powder known as a "sodium salt". A mildly salty and virtually odourless product, it has alternative names such as CMC, Carmellose and is trademarked as Tylose in some cases. Due to its flexible form and nature, CMC is a powerful thickening agent in a range of food, pharmaceutical and industrial products.

The manufacture of Carboxymethyl Cellulose occurs through the catalytic reaction of cellulose and chloroacetic acid. Once they have reacted, approximately 60% of the blend is CMC. The remaining 40% of this blend is a variety of salts. Afterwards, it is dried, filtered, separated and packed for sale.

Some of the applications of Carboxymethyl Cellulose mainly start as a thickening agent and viscosity modifier. Products that use this include ice creams, bread, jams, confectionery, toothpaste, laxatives, detergents, heat packs and much more use CMC. You can find it being used for everything from thickening, smoothing, texturing, stability and beyond.


Carboxymethyl Cellulose at Kilo Ltd.


Businesses throughout the UK use a wide range of ingredients, many of which Kilo supplies every day. As a BRC accredited supplier, Kilo works with high-quality sources and manufacturers across the globe. Whether you need one bag, one pallet, or more, we are here to help.

Hopefully, this document is of interest to you. Should you require additional details, pricing, or anything in between, please feel free to get in touch. We are available using the links on the website, email or by calling our experienced sales team on 01384 293 222.


Industry Applications


Foods | Jams, Sauces, Marmalade, Snacks, Baked Goods, Ice Creams
Industrial | Detergents
Cosmetics | Toothpaste, Laxatives, Moisturisers, Heat Packs

More Products


Disclaimer:

This information is provided as a guide and is by no means legally binding. Suggestions on dosage rates, specific applications and anything else related to detailed quality information can be provided by our quality team or requested directly to our manufacturer.